The approach of „Security by Obscurity“ does not work well - except the userbase of a solution is far too small to make any impact. The lecturer will outline an own approach of macking Coreboot/Libreboot far more widely used as part of his „vision“ to realise the „Stateless Laptop“ https://blog.invisiblethings.org/2015/12/23/state_harmful.html . Some brief inroduction to the topic will be given.
* BIOS-Rootkits of ancient days
* Very, (very very very) brief intro into EFI
* Joanna Rutkowskas concept of a Laptop for the „Practical Paranoid“
* Getting Rootkits back from the „EFI Paradise“ into „BIOS desert“
* The Project - a short outline
* Necessary milestones
* (!!) Discussion